Alf's Resource Links
The following are a number of web sites that Alf has found to be very useful as marketing resources. If you have link suggestions to add here, please contact Alf.
- www.adage.com Advertising Age America's premier weekly advertising trade magazine.
- www.adforum.com Where to view the best advertising from around the world, particularly television commercials; includes winners from all the major advertising awards programs; best accessed via broadband in order to appreciate the true benefits of video streaming.
- www.askguy.com Ask Guy Tucker Inc. - The Headhunting firm for Really Good advertising folks.
- www.Cheap-TV-Spots.com TV commercials for only $499... and they work.
- www.businessbookreview.com A synopsis of the current best business books.
- www.fivestarpublications.com Five Star Publications have been publishing and marketing books since 1985.
- www.btobonline.com BtoB Magazine; a Crain's publication, and Advertising Age offshoot, published bi-weekly that covers the B2B landscape ($59/year). To subscribe, call 888-288-5900 or visit the BtoB web site.
- www.computerhelpatoz.com Discover and master the power of your personal computer without all the technical jargon.
- www.helpformywebsite.com Help for My Website - Website Design, Hosting and Domain Names - Specializing in small to medium size businesses.
- www.itmcomputing.com Tech support in the California Bay Area (onsite) and Worldwide through email, phone and remote computer support.
- www.itmcomputing.com/software We provide the "best of the best" Utilities, Games, Internet Software, Palm OS stuff. We are constantly adding new titles to make sure you have the most up-to-date software to make your computing experience easier and more productive.
- www.commlampton.com Championship Communication Helping organizations achieve Cooperation, Productivity and Renewal of mission through better communication.
- www.sales-communications.com These sales workshops and seminars will help you build your roadmap to sales success while also aligning your marketing and selling organizations.
- www.score.org SCORE Service Corps of Retired Executives A low-cost source of business consulting help for the small business. Local chapters in most major cities.
- www.1to1.com The official website of one-to-one marketing gurus Don Peppers and Martha Rogers. It's a free, weekly e-mail newsletter packed with latest CRM news, trends, and case studies.
- www.555-1212.com Best online source for phone number, area code, zip code or reverse look-up (phone to address/address to phone). Find people, businesses, maps, (domestic and international), and more.
- www.constantcontact.com Provides small-to-medium sized businesses with all of the resources they need to build and manage permission based email marketing campaigns. The service is extremely easy to use and priced with the small business owner in mind.
- www.gotmarketing.com is the developer of Campaigner, self-serve permission-based email marketing software that helps businesses generate revenue and shorten sales cycles by acquiring and retaining loyal customers. Yahoo!, salesforce.com and Microsoft bCentral are among the leading North American corporations partnered with GotMarketing to power channel sales, strengthen service offerings and increase revenue.
- www.ama.org American Marketing Association The marketing professional's trade organization. Local chapters in most major cities.
- www.givetogetmarketing.com Hundreds of marketing tips, articles and case studies.
- www.marketing.org The Business Marketing Association (BMA), America's premier B2B marketing association for almost 80 years.
- www.ppai.org Promotional Products Association International (PPAI) Trade association for promotional products marketing.
- www.talentzoo.com TalentZoo.com Best place on earth for ad jobs, salaries, information and career advice.
- www.academicinfo.net Finds web-based material suitable for a professor's lesson plans or a student's research paper. Geared to college students and academic researchers, although many materials may be helpful to high school students.
- www.activegroup.net The best resource for conducting online focus groups and web casts.
- www.authorsandexperts.com Where Authors, Experts and Speakers connect with members of the media.
- www.auto-loans-online-plus.com Locate the best car loan with our online search, learn how to avoid dealer scams, and get tips on how to increase your chances of qualifying for a loan.
- www.biolinks.com Hunts for information from the web pages of scientific journals, associations and databases.
- www.chamberofcommerce.com Chamber of Commerce Largest recourse on the Web for getting travel, tourism and business information on over 20,000 cities worldwide.
- www.compintel.net Competitive intelligence services. Offers market research on competition, markets. Benchmarking. Competitor analysis. One client per business category.
- www.cssurveys.com Customer Satisfaction Surveys - Research on Customer Satisfaction. Specializes in customer satisfaction surveys for executives & consumers. In-depth executive interviewing, smart analysis, with emphasis on actionable data.
- www.ditto.com Searches for photographs and other images that have been posted online.
- www.findlaw.com Combs through a legal dictionary, legal news and the text of the United States Constitution. A search engine powered by Alta Vista enables users to search for documents on federal and state web sites.
- www.forrester.com Forrester Research A leading research provider for the online world.
- www.google.com/unclesam Searches for government documents from federal and state websites.
- www.jupitercommunications.com Jupiter Communications Another leading research provider for the online world.
- www.moreover.com Finds headlines from more than 1,800 news sites.
- www.mysimon.com Searches for information and compares prices at more than 2,000 online shops.
- www.springwise.com Scans the world for new Business Ideas and Successful Ventures with reports in a free monthly newsletter.
- www.taresearch.com Sophisticated Market Research Services; TAI works for a growing number of high quality companies, including many Fortune 500 firms.
- www.trendwatching.com Our free monthly newsletter provides current Consumer Trends and related Business Opportunities worldwide.
- www.twentytenresearch.com TwentyTen Research Alf's strategic alliance partner for quantitative and qualitative marketing research.
- www.wfs.org The home of the World Future Society that delivers some of the best predictions for business and society. An important site for the marketer who wants to cast a roving eye beyond the next twelve months.
- www.cnet.com Great online source for hardware and software news and reviews
- www.download.com Download trial and demo versions of software. Try before you buy, from the most popular programs to obscure shareware.
- www.goldmine.com Information on America's leading database software.
- www.iManage.com iManage, Inc. is the leading provider of corporate portal software for business content.
- www.tradeshowresearch.com Incomm Center for Trade Show Research and Sales Training A source of excellent research for the trade show industry.
- www.TradeShowTraining.com the name says it all... training, instruction and consulting services guaranteed to help you maximize your trade show investment.